WHEN ALLAH COMES TO A CHRISTIAN

When Allah Comes To A Christian 



Lookout Mountain, Lookout Valley in Chattanooga, Tennessee

I wasn't looking for Allah, but Allah found me. This is Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga Tennessee, which I had visited back on July 6th to the 9th in 2022. This summer my life was tumultuously impacted by some unusual circumstances. Call it confusion of love and belonging, spirituality or feeling purpose, it all led me to a place where the only one who would find me crumbling onto the earth reaching out begging to be heard was Allah (God the One Creator of the universe). I felt abandoned by a person that I felt had attracted me to Islam. But somehow, he left me stranded to find the only true goodness of Islam and that is Allah.

I had always thought my life as a Christian was solid, real, something I made happen. But my religious life was merely an outward expression of things I had learned from other people. Never once did I really understand the spiritual connection behind Christianity. Not, at least, from the Christian perspective of it. I knew there was so much contamination and chaos involved because my life, as a Christian or even before my Christian lifestyle I had been abused terribly, physically, emotionally and sexually. And sometimes this was all at the hands of Christian people. I reached out to Christians because I thought they would absolve me, make me feel better about myself and my place in this universe. 

The truth is, no matter how much I thought I was close to God I wasn't. Then, again, I started to find myself crumbling to the earth seeking God. Allah reached down and in my heart I felt the urge to pray to him. I one day realized I wanted a mat to use to pray on. So I bought a prayer mat for praying to Allah. Most people see God, Christ and the Holy Spirit as 3 beings. But God is 3 Persons in ONE. He is ONE and has always been Allah. When I pray to Allah I pray to the ONE powerful God of the Universe. Once I connected to Allah I began to feel more invigorated with vibrant spiritual energy to get me through my days. 

And now...I've just begun my spiritual journey on my own. But I am not alone. Allah is with me, teaching me to pray and connecting with me like the roots of the earth feed me as I kneel and bow my head to him. 



My Prayer Mat






Hijab Cap, Hijab, Allah Pendant & Ring and Prayer Abaya (prayer robe)



Someone asked me why would I abandon my Christian faith and believe in Islam? But I'm not abandoning my faith. My faith is more whole now and clarified because of Islam and Allah is the one who clarified everything to me. Women sometimes look their whole lives for their value, their worth, their purpose in the work they do, proving they could do the work of a man, think as complex as a man, partake in things as a man might. They do all they can to prove their existence is worthy and particularly if they have suffered at the hands of a man being abused sexually, emotionally, mentally, or physically. These kinds of women may find themselves struggling all their lives. 

I did not begin to find my peace and understanding this long struggle of finding my place in the universe until after I began to search for Allah in Islam and reading the Quran. I'm not one to argue about religion or spirituality. I only know we all must find our own peace for our own soul. It is our own journey through life that we must have peace about. No one can give that to us. We can only find it on our own. And sometimes we find it when we weren't even really looking for it. 



Nickajack Lake in Chattanooga, Tennessee


I could say I have found my sense of peace and clarification. But the truth of the matter is that life is always changing and revealing new things to you. And you may be unwilling to change. Even when Allah is making it so obvious that HE is the one that is directing you on this path. Your happiness, comfort and peace comes to you when you Follow HIM and listen to HIM. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

EITHER GOD, SATAN, ANGELS, DEMONS, HEAVEN AND HELL EXIST OR THEY DO NOT!