CHRISTMAS BACK HOME 2011

It is Thursday December 22nd.  My daughter and I made it in to see my mother.  This year all my brothers and sisters and their families will be in for Christmas dinner.  My twin sister, Lisa, will be spending Christmas with my mother early...just like me.  And boy was I met with a beautiful treat when I went into my mother's garage.  It is warm, festive, and prepared for a Christmas feast and joyful, cheerful merriment.  Here are a few photos to delight you.  Yes, you can turn your garage into a warm festive room for family gatherings.  My mother even found a way to hang snowflakes and pinebranches with lights from the ceiling.



There is a table with deserts and fruits...pretty to look at and good to eat.  The sweet treats encircle a miniature Christmas tree with pretty colorful lights.




A side view of the table shows the colorful bags as well.  Inside can be found treats for all the Family and guests.



With a different flash the lights really glisten.  This is how I saw the room with the lights out.  So beautiful.



Walking into the room, everyone will find a table to sit at.  Here are the 3 festive tables other than the kitchen that will be serving family at Christmas time. 



Here is the 2nd table.  This table has a cheerful white lighted Christmas tree. 



The final table previews the Christmas plates.  Each person has a description of the origin of the candy cane and how it came to be used at Christmas.  There is a candy cane attached to each.  The plates are powder blue with a snowman and snow.


Even an old shelf can be used to house beautiful Christmas ornaments, figurines and gifts for every family member. Antique jars on the top shelf filled with candy for every member.  The lids have a glued piece of antique white lace doily and red ribbon around them.  Don't they look splendid?  White lights and ribbon and snow add to the charm.



My mother also collected white pine branches together and bundled them together elegantly in the corner of the room and decorated the bundle in red bows, apples and candy canes. 



Typical Garage items can be placed in boxes and wrapped; then placed in and about the room.  What a wonderful way to warm a room.  A space heater also sits in the room to add extra warmth.  Plenty of heat enters into the room from the rest of the house.  It's perfect for our Christmas dinner this year. 




My mother is such a wonderful creative person.  I learned all that I know from her.  She has put so much time and energy into the decorations and I thank her for her efforts.  I love her so much.~~Lana

Comments

  1. My mom had that very same Christmas tin, the one with the 2 candles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

WHEN ALLAH COMES TO A CHRISTIAN