AN AFTERNOON CHILLING DREAM


Carmel Indiana 

It was around 3:30 in the afternoon.  I remember that the day had been sunny and already filled with much activity most of the morning.  I had first awoke this morning to make my way to the BMV to obtain my new license plate for my new car.  I then paid my bills and bought enough fixings for two Thanksgiving meals and bought a few needed appliances and winter accessories for my vehicle.  Lastly, before heading back home, I stopped by the automatic car wash to have the super duper works on the car in attempt to show that I really did want to take care of my car.  I then headed home and pulled up in the driveway.  It was already 2:00 in the afternoon and I still had not eaten.  I ventured inside my cozy little home to find it peacefully quiet and a little warm to be having the heater on.  So, I shut off the heater and headed back to my bedroom and straight towards the Internet.  I spent about 30 minutes online without even realizing...I had not eaten.  


As I stared at the bright computer screen I felt my eyelids lazily fight to stay open.  I couldn't be this tired and so early in the day.  I wasn't used to becoming sleepy in the middle of the day.  However, it was my day off and I had nowhere else to attend nor was there any other obligation I would have until evening.  I thought, I could just take a small nap.  I knew the nap had to be short as I had planned to take my daughter to dinner out and shopping before driving her to her friends for the weekend.  


The couch was the most convenient place for me to take a nap.  It was earshot so that I could hear the door and the phone if I should need to get up quickly.  Laying down on the couch, I adjusted my pillow to fit my head comfortably. I lay on my side and drifted off to sleep remembering nothing of the busy day behind me.  All the images of my day had vanished as I began sleep deeply and peacefully.
Carmel Indiana at Meadow Lark Park trail



It was a massively large house.  I was not aware of the place I was at.  The rooms were large, massive and dim lit.  The only bright light could be seen seeping from the doorway of a kitchen directly in front of me.  I could see many people, which I recognized, standing around a nice oak wooden table just near a kitchen entrance.  The kitchen had black and white ceramic tiles that bounced off the light in the distance making it look as an optical illusion from the distance I stood.  The room I was in was apparently a very large dining room.  The room to my left, which opened into the main foyer of deep red carpets and grand staircase leading to a second floor was closed off by fancy french doors.  Behind me was another room...which I would later discover was a conservatory.  The room directly in front of me was a kitchen and a very small bathroom was just next to it.   I knew this had to be a large home as in all that I could see that my vision would allow I could count 5 rooms.  And all of this was to the right of the main foyer.  I could see there were other rooms on the left side of that foyer off in the distance...but it was too dark and blurry.  Terri, the co-founder of our S.I.P.I. group was there organizing some paperwork as Dennis, the founder, adjusted the computer equipment.  It appeared that all of the S.I.P.I. group was in attendance for an investigation.  I could see Tony, Jason, James, Nathan also.  


On the table was a computer laptop and files.  There were also a few plates of snacks and sweets.  As I approached the table it was apparent that we were beginning the initial sweep of the house which would involve a tour...room by room...taking base readings of EMF, K2 and base temperature.  There were two added individuals in the group that appeared to be guests of the group this evening.  It was my twin sister Lisa and her husband Doug.  I had no idea why they were there...I really had no idea how I got there.  


The feeling I began to feel as I stood watching was isolation.  Suddenly, I felt a chill. I didn't feel as if I belonged.  I almost felt as if I was not needed or even necessary.  Part of me stood back and let everyone huddle together as I felt I didn't want to hinder them in anyway.  The feeling then turned to a creepy sensation.  I felt as if there were a presence in a nearby room watching us.  I turned to look behind me.  The Conservatory was too dark to even see what furniture it housed.  Looking back I could see that the group was forming one large team to do a sweep of the entire house and to also do a tour of the place before the darkness set in completely.  As Terri, Dennis and Tony led the group through the french doors and to the main foyer one of the guests, Doug, stayed behind to use the bathroom facility.  I told the group I would remain behind until he was ready and then we would join them.  As everyone cleared the room, french doors remaining open I saw the team slowly approach the rooms on the opposite side of the foyer.  Still, I waited for Doug.  It was noticeably becoming darker.  Rays of dust traveled on what was left of the evening sun before it would sit upon the horizon.


I turned back to see if Doug was ready.  The door opened and he approached me.  I looked back towards the main foyer and noticed that Terri and Dennis were leading the group down a grand stair case, obviously to the basement.  Before I could run to catch up with them Doug grabbed my arm and began leading me to the darkened room directly behind me.  It was the Conservatory...the room I felt someone watching us from.  It was the room that sent its chilling sensations upon me as I stood isolated from the group.


As we made our way into the darkened room I could see nothing but the two instruments spotlighted by lights.  Beyond the instruments sitting in the path of the light one could not see.  The darkness was too thick.  The air became thick as Doug directed me closer to the instruments.  One of the instruments sat next to the wall. A tall Gothic organ.  Next to it was a standing Cello.  In the thickness of the air a chilling breeze enveloped us as Doug stood next to the organ.  He placed his fingers upon the keys.  He began to play a slow haunting tune.  It was a sad tune.  What amazed me was...Doug could  not play any instruments.  I knew how to play the piano and knew that this sounded as an individual who had some knowledge of music.  I became even more chilled when he turned around and positioned his body behind the cello and drew the bow and pointed to the ceiling.  He did not smile.  He looked serious as if to display that he wanted me to appreciate the instruments.  Then, just as with the organ, he began to play the same sad little tune...slowly....as he gracefully slid the bow across the strings....fingering the notes perfectly, wavering the end of each musical sentence gracefully.  The tune did not scare me.  However, it was sad and chilling.  There was a presence in that room and one that I knew nothing of.  When I heard the musical tune I envisioned a young woman with long dark wavy hair wearing an Edwardian loose high waist dress.  I could sense her sadness.  


Then suddenly, I could hear Terri and the rest of the group coming back up the from the basement...one by one filing back into the room.  Doug and I began to exit the Conservatory...leaving it as it was...entering back into the dining room.  The sun had gone down and its fiery sky could still be seen through the thick deep red and gold curtains.  Terri came over to me whispering in a concerned voice.  She saw that Doug was leaving the Conservatory. Very concerned, she touched my arm and led me off where Doug could not hear what she was saying...as he was a guest of our group and may not understand.  


Terri kept an eye on Doug and then changed back to concern as she looked back to me.  Why the concern, I thought.  There was something I did not know obviously as I didn't understand her concern.  


She said, "We could hear the music from downstairs in the basement."


I said, "You could?  Doug was playing the music."  I said still noticing her concern deep within her eyes and light upon her breath.


"No one can play that tune here," she whispered.  She turned back and looked over her shoulder and then back to me.  "That's the tune that brings the spirit back into this place."  


Still not fully understanding I said, "What tune?"


"Come to me"  She said most absolutely.


A chill spiked my spine and my hairs stood upon the back of my neck as she laid out before me the name of a song for which I had never heard...and for which sad haunting tune I had never heard.    


Immediately...I awoke from the dream...to find my telephone ringing.  As I answered it...trying to regain sense that I had just been dreaming...I thought of that tune.  I had never heard it before...nor the name.  The dream was very detailed and filled with many sensations.  Chilling to say the least.  I wouldn't call this a nightmare.  However, sometimes our dreams do tend to be realistic and that appearance of reality can be a little frightening and intimidating while we sleep.  I was most glad to be awake when I awoke...and glad that my mind could visit grand houses with sad dark songs and untold stories within my dream state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

WHEN ALLAH COMES TO A CHRISTIAN