THANKFUL IN 2012



I am thankful for my path, my pains and hurts, my losses and my wins, and most of all thankful for my family.  Many times I go through periods of time where I wonder how I made it this far.  My only answer is "family".  If it were not for them I don't know how I would have made it through the hardest of times in my life. 


I am thankful for my mother.  She is a beautiful woman.  I love her with all of my heart....this woman, is from the Cumberland mountains plateau Lookout mountain region of South Pittsburg and Chattanooga Tennessee.  We have missed my father now since April 2005 since his passing and have gone on to try and remember him and to take care of our precious mother Ann Brock.  She is a creative woman, talented with crafts and organizing parties, creating festive and elegant decorations for walls, tables and various rooms.  She has a gift for decorating and expresses herself in that manner to help people.  I love her and Thank her for all her years being a mother to me and always being there for me to talk to.  She is in the hospital this Thanksgiving evening.  Wishing her the best recovery.   



This year my grandmother has been in the hospital also.  She's been in the hospital for quite some time.  Now she is recovering and in rehab to help her recover from being on a respirator for a long period of time.  I am so thankful for my grandmother, my father's mother.  She's always been that person who helped me to learn about "sentiment" of Christmas, Holidays, Birthdays, celebrating people, celebrating the good things.  She was that one person that put me in touch with exploring those things in life that I always wanted to try.  It was at her house I first became interested in writing, photography, snooping, mysteries, playing detective, play acting, coloring, painting or drawing....everything artistic, listening to rock n roll music, and expressing myself.  She somehow connected me to that path in my life.  I love her and am Thankful for her.  Get well soon grandma. 

My husband, Scott Hunt, is from Kokomo and is a former U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant.  I am proud that he served in the military 2 terms and did a service for his country.  His special gift is numbers.  He is good at accounting, organizing numbers and money.  He's been an accountant for a company and also one who knows every area of the factory he works in.  He's a hard worker.  I am very thankful for him.  What I love about Scott the most is his desire to share laughter.  He's a funny guy and loves to laugh and share that laughter.  I am thankful for all the laughter he has shared with me, the good times, and even being there in the bad.  I love you hon. 

I am Lana Hunt.  I am mother of a son who died because of premature birth.  His name was James Edward Hunt.  He passed away 1 1/2  months after his birth and I have missed him since. I thank God for his life.  My daughter was the greatest blessing to my life.  God gave me a child when I was told I could not carry children.  I have been married almost 26 years and am thankful for my husband and companion.  I am thankful for my education, college and work.  I am a paranormal researcher and interested in all things paranormal.  I thank God for my work and my health. 

My daughter Marlana is my gift from God.  She is a beautiful young woman, now 22.  She's talented at playing a piano, recreating music, video games, and a real musical history buff.  She appreciates anything that makes her laugh and is a lover of retro music, movies and television.  Her loves and talents are all geared in the music and photography area.  She desires to be a sound engineer or to go into filmography and photography.  I love her persistence, her joyful heart, her free spirit and smile.  She wants to share joy with others.  I am very proud of her and thankful for her every day of my life. 
 My twin sister Lisa, has been with me forever.  She's a beautiful soul and a beautiful woman.  I love her very much.  She's a paranormal enthusiast and a sensitive. She's wise and very thoughtful of others.  Her heart is made of gold as she is always thinking about other people and those who are treated unfairly or who may be ignored.  Her gift is music.  She has a real talent for creating electronic music.  She's already accomplished a CD called Mood Unit, she's wonderful with experimental electronic music.  I Love her very much.  I shall always be close to her.




My younger sister Mary is special in that she's never been shy about her thoughts and what is on her mind or in her heart.  She loves her family and cherishes them deeply.  She is a talented Esthetician specializing in skin care and waxing.  She's very good at what she does.  I am so proud of her accomplishments.  She's like a best friend to her children and her children adore her and it is because she's always wanted her children to be all they could be and to follow a good path.  I love her very much.  She is so special to me.




My brother Roger is a treat to my life.  He is a very smart man and can fix anything.  He's gifted in the area of mechanics, electronics and construction.  He can remodel rooms and rewire houses.  As he is very good with his hands he is also a sentimental man like my father was.  He enjoys music from our childhood.  He recalls the stories of the days of old and is very fun to be around.  He has a soft heart and is the most sentimental endearing man I've ever known.  I appreciate his stories and his heart.  I love you Roger Brock. 



My brother James Brock is a wonderful brother.  He is a hard working manager of a business and adores his wife and children.  His gift is hard work and devotion to family.  He has built rooms out of his basement making it lovely and cozy and has shown is knack for construction.  I enjoy his sense of humor and also his serious beliefs.  I think he's a good leader for people who work under him and I am proud of him for all that he accomplishes at his job and with his family.  He's recently became a father of his second child, a son.  A beautiful family.  I love him very much.  He's a good hard working man and loves his family.  I'm a so proud of him.  



The Hunt Family Thanksgiving Feast 2012


I thank God for the family he has given me.  Every one of them are special to me.  Every one of them have contributed something important to my life.  They are the reason I can live a better life.  I am not alone.  I have people in my life who are honest with me....and who will not deliberately deceive me nor will they deceive me or hurt me.  They are here for me to share my joys with and to give to so that I may also be a blessing to them.  My path is about giving.  Giving can give us so  much reward in our lives.  Sometimes giving joy to others is the very thing we need to repair ourselves when we have become wounded.  I love my family and am thankful for them. 

Lana J. Hunt

Comments

  1. Beautiful commentary on family and how in so many ways it defines who we are and why we are. Gratitude is such a precious commodity and one most of us should visit and embrace more often. Your writing reminds me that with all the turmoil, heartaches and dissapointments life serves up, there is always a place for gratitude. Thank you for an eloquent reminder of that.

    www.henriferguson.com

    http://gristforlifesmill.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I do believe in balance. Certainly life has plenty to complain about. However, there is so much to appreciate; so much to be thankful for. We must never forget about those things which mean so much. *smiles*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

WHEN ALLAH COMES TO A CHRISTIAN