JANUARY SUMMER



It was January 12th, 2013.  It is the middle of winter.  However, it felt as if it was a late spring day.  Wonderful.  I took my camera, while on my walk around the track and onto the trail into Meadow Lark Park.  It was a wonderful day.  Great sunshine.  Also, I took advantage of the spring-like weather to go outside for some exercise.  What a wonderful time to go for a jog or take a long walk.  For me, it's always interesting to bring the camera along.  Never know what I might find.  



This was an interesting shot.  I was walking through the woods on the gravel path the went around the pond. There were trees on both sides of me.  But these trees were surrounded by water, as the snow had just melted.




There was a thin layer of ice STILL on the pond.  It was over 60 degrees outside....the sun was shining brightly and it was pleasantly warm.  Lovely capture of this ice on such a beautiful day.




I was probably more fascinated at the small woven branches squiggling through the woods than with larger downed tree.  The deadness of winter....on a bright spring-like day.  


What I found interesting about this photo of the path that I was taking around the pond and through the woods that I could see a little of 3 seasons in it.  Winter - the pond to the left and it's thin layer of ice; the patch of green grass; and the leaves from fall.  Lovely. 



This was a picture of the creek from the bridge on my way out of the woods.  The water level was up because all of the snow had just melted.  





I thought this creek photo was interesting.  As I was taking the photo I looked up and saw that someone had placed a part to a picket fence up against a thicket of branches and leaves.  Just to the left was a shack-like shed.  That would have been interesting had I included it into this photo.  




Tall grass to the left of the park.  The Monon trail is just behind those trees.  The Monon trail is a trail that extends from central Indianapolis all the way through Broadripple, Carmel, and Westfield Indiana.




The trail I take is a part of the Meadow Lark park which is next to the park and goes around the pond in several directions.  The path is a natural one.  This road curves around the trees.  This particular tree is in the middle of the small road.  A couple of block ahead of the tree is one of the hospitals.  It's really hard to tell that one is in the middle of a growing thriving city from here. 




Of course, the next day the temperature has dropped 30 degrees and snow and ice once more has visited.  What causes such odd weather in the middle of January?  Still I really enjoy being reminded of spring while yet in the middle of winter.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

EITHER GOD, SATAN, ANGELS, DEMONS, HEAVEN AND HELL EXIST OR THEY DO NOT!