THE SUN'S KISS



This is a poem I wrote back in 2007 about a man who had a large impact on my life beyond my capability or willingness to see.  Back then my world seemed so much brighter on the narrow vision path.  I couldn't see what was to be on either side of me or behind me.  However, I had a wonderful view of what I thought was ahead of me.  Sometimes a person can wield so much power over the foolish and naivety of others.  This was a simple poem for that man.  Sometimes what appears to be wonderful, fresh and new can really be the path to ruin at the hand of someone else's control.  Even when something appears as positive, it doesn't mean that it is really so.  This is really a poem of what seems to be pure, simple, honest and true....at least what it was manipulated and designed to appear to me at that time.  I love this poem because it reflected a true state of my willingness to see a brighter future even if what I was seeing was a picture painted by a dishonest individual.  I still felt real love and emotions.  The best poems are about relationships and I feel this one is one of my best poems.

THE SUN'S KISS

The sun will come up another day.
Rays outstretch to grasp the end of the horizon.
Go on girl and find your way. 
Your path is ever before you until your day is done.

***

Beneath the ice the river flows on. 
It waits for the sun's kiss to warm it gently springing.
Go on girl, love is not wrong. 
It has wings of it's own to carry and protect you while you are yet dreaming.

***

Reflections of sunlight beam the night sky from the face of the moon. 
It radiantly gleams into the mind's eye.
Go on girl and extend yourself onward and sing a happy tune. 
I will be here to lend an ear when you need to cry.

***

The noontime sun wraps warmly around the Earth and all that seek its embrace.
It kisses the Earth because it must.
Come on girl; come here. Let me kiss your face. 
I do see your vigor for life, your love and your lust.

***

The sun shines brightly and warmly upon the Earth. 
It reveals it's paths, it's beauty and it's worth.




© 2007 THE SUN'S KISS~~ BY LANA J. HUNT 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP IN A HAUNTED HOUSE

TV PERSONALITY, DEMONOLOGIST AND LITERARY PERFORMER CARL JOHNSON

WHEN ALLAH COMES TO A CHRISTIAN